Startup Jobs Berlin
Falling Walls Conference, Project Manager
Falling Walls is a unique international platform for leaders from the worlds of science, business, politics, the arts and society. It was initiated on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. Inspired by this world-changing event on 9 November 1989, the question of every Falling Walls gathering is: Which are the next walls to fall?
The Falling Walls Conference fosters discussion on research and innovation and promotes the latest scientific findings among a broad audience from all parts of society. The Falling Walls Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in Berlin.
For a new conference format for international science communicators, we are looking for a Project Manager (f/m) full-time (40h/week) in Berlin (https://falling-walls.com/jobs/20180809_science-communication_project-manager.pdf)
• Overall event management: planning and realisation, incl. budget oversight
• Communication with participants, jury members and organisations in international science communication networks
• Communication and reporting with partner organisations
• Event coordination – including third-party services, external partners and event agency
• Documentation and evaluation of the event
• Planning and conceptualising continuing activities and events in the field of science communication
We are looking for a highly motivated team member with a proactive and professional attitude, excellent communication skills and the following profile:
• University degree
• Proven experience in event or project management on an international level
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and operate with flexibility
• Fluent in spoken and written English and German
• Exceptional communication and teamwork skills
• Creative thinking, confident and friendly demeanour and a high level of commitment
• Passion for science engagement, ideally a track-record or existing network in related fields
• Participation in a young and dynamic organisation that operates internationally
• A highly dedicated team, flat hierarchies and a friendly working environment
• The ability to work independently
• The possibility to implement own ideas
The position is currently open for applications and should be filled by September 1, 2018 at the latest. The salary is tied to the German public sector wages (TVöD).
If you are interested, please send your motivational letter including salary expectations, your CV including references in English or German via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with Conference_Your Name in the subject line. Please also state your earliest start date.
Lea von Reck