Startup Jobs Berlin
FinanceFox is a financially well backed start-up that was launched at the beginning of this year by the founders of “Switzerland’s fastest growing start-up of all times” – DeinDeal.ch & the most progressive minds in the insurance industry.
Financial industries currently undergo a major disruption. The insurance industry is the next one on the list. FinanceFox will disrupt this massive industry by completely rethinking the way customers handle all of their insurance related stuff. Our customers focus on enjoying their lifes – we will take care of this inefficient process of making sure you are well insured, the unpleasant communication with insurance companies, the terrible administrative processes in case something happens. We are covering a great customer need and are up to building the next European unicorn.
FinanceFox is seeking a Head of Product to lead our product organization, strategy and execution. This leadership role represents an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of an industry that is up next for massive disruption.
The Head of Product will have a deep passion for great websites and mobile products. You will be the driving force behind product strategy and development. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining an intimate knowledge of our customers needs, and you will translate those into new and enhanced products and features. You will also be responsible for setting a dynamic product roadmap that will maintain our leading online position.
The role requires excellent leadership skills, the ability to drive a team and have a hunger to out-execute and out-innovate our competition. This leader is responsible for ensuring our product approach achieves FinanceFox’s business objectives. This person must be a motivating leader who thrives in a fast-moving environment. He/she must have a strong track record in managing high-performance teams and influencing across functional areas. Executive presence and an ability to represent FinanceFox with senior level clients and stakeholders are critical.
The role requires active collaboration with Engineering, Business Intelligence, Marketing, Sales, Partners (insurance companies), and Customers. You will also lead efforts to drive adoption of beta versions and serve as the champion for FinanceFox’s products in the industry.
Here’s some of what you’ll be responsible for:
- Work directly with our CEO to provide market and customer insights that shape our product strategy
- Clearly communicate the core benefits of our products from the perspective of our customers
- Define key performance indicators for success and measure teams against goals
- Define and manage the product roadmap, ensuring the product team accurately translates the corporate strategy into products, features and experiences that drive business growth
- Lead directly and by influence a world-class combination of product managers, engineers, QA, UX designers.
- Work closely with other partner stakeholders (marketing, sales, merchandising, legal, finance), providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision
- Champion the mobile product strategy and execution
- Oversee the design and development of new mobile products and features
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10-15 years of experience, ideally in technology and product development Candidates with consumer facing experience will be given preference
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership with a mindset of innovation, intellectual curiosity and client insight capability
- Exceptional leadership, management and communication skills
- A welcoming approach to opportunistic new ideas
- A pro-active style in leading large scale projects
- A strong customer-oriented view of product development
- Willingness to dive deep in understanding the product, business, and competitive landscape
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Strong work ethic and commitment to developing quality work quickly
- Maniacal attention to detail, uncanny ability to multi-task and excellent time management skills
If you have any more questions, ask Fabian. He can explain you a bit more about what we are doing and you can explain him a bit more about your background.