I am looking for a freelance marketing expert to join my marketing agency. Our team of 4 is distributed across the world, so you can work from wherever you like as long as you deliver results. Initially, I have 10 hours of work per week for you, billable at 20€ per hour, to start some time in the next 10 days. For the right person, this has room to grow to 20 hours per week.
The project I require immediate assistance on will involve the following:
– Lead generation for a startup via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, phone and any other method you can think of
– Marketing strategy discussions with myself and the client
– Delivery of weekly status reports updating myself and the client on progress
Ideally, you should be doing these things for other small businesses right now as a freelancer. It would be great if you could give me some examples in your cover letter of where you have done marketing and lead generation for previous clients or at previous jobs. My ideal candidate is a marketing generalist with 1-2 years of experience in lead generation. Experience in sales is also extremely valuable.
Additional knowledge that would be nice to have for future projects includes the following:
– Social media
– Content marketing (particular blog posts, lead pages and infographics)
– Business development
– Startup experience
I will look favourably on candidates who have a degree in any of these areas and even more favourably on people who can demonstrate practical experience.
In terms of soft skills, I am looking for the following:
– **You must be an English native speaker.** Applications that do not fulfil this criterion will be deleted immediately.
– You must be communicative and extremely responsive to emails. This is crucial in a remote team.
– You should be self-sufficient, hard-working and conscientious. I am looking for someone to take over responsibility for a very important project and require you to be trustworthy enough to work without supervision. I don’t like micromanagement, so if you need a boss watching over you all the time, please look elsewhere.
– If words like vulnerability, authenticity and honesty mean anything to you, you will fit in very well to the culture here.
The recruitment process for this role is as follows:
1) Send me a CV and a covering email that includes the word woodchuck in the title so that I can make sure you’ve read the instructions carefully. Your covering email should be brief and it should address the requirements I have outlined in this advert. As part of your email, I would like you to make 3 practical suggestions for how to generate leads for my business: geoffreywaltersmarketing.com.
2) If I like your profile, I will invite you to a Skype interview. Most likely, this will take place at the beginning of next week. This will be an opportunity for us to get to know each other better. I will also give you a couple of practice marketing tests.