Startup Events Berlin
- 20 international experts in entrepreneurship, innovation and IT meet for 3 days to evaluate the best digital solutions 2017 globally
- unique global overview about digital innovation and start-ups from all over the world
- selection of the 40 WSA Winners 2017
- focus on innovation from Africa, by organizing a special jury session screening all African entries
- vernissage „Digital Innovation made in Africa“ – Digital innovations for sustainable and inclusive development
The WSA Grand Jury is one of the most important meetings and events in the whole WSA process. Since 2003, WSA has united renowned multimedia experts from all parts of the world – Africa, Asia, Australia and Oceania, North and Latin America, and Europe – to learn about and judge the best content and most innovative applications, forming a unique college of evaluation and knowledge.
The Grand Jury is a unique opportunity to learn the latest trends in each category and to get an overview about what is happening in terms of digital innovation on a global scale.
Grand Jury meetings took place in past years in Bahrain, Croatia, India, Abu Dhabi, Hong Kong, Estonia and Azerbaijan.
The WSA Grand Jury Implementation partner is the Tech Entrepreneurship Initiative ‘Make-IT in Africa’ (GIZ) working on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).